Our Privacy commitment to you…
At Credit Counselling Services of Atlantic Canada, Inc (CCSAC) we understand the importance of privacy to our clients and have put in place policies and practices that meet or exceed the Government of Canada’s Personal Protection & Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
The consent of our clients will be obtained before we collect, use, or disclose any personal information. We do not sell or trade personal information and we will do our best to ensure that the information we’ve gathered is both current and accurate.
How we protect your information:
- All of our client files are held under lock and key in secure office facilities.
- Access to your information is limited to CCSAC and its employees, all of whom are required to sign a confidentiality & privacy agreement.
- All workstations are password protected.
- Our networks are secure and any information received through our website is protected through encryption technology.
- Our business partners are required to sign confidentiality agreements.
- Purged files and information are disposed of by a professionally licensed shredding agency.
How we use your information:
- To provide you with recommendations and referrals, money management advice, budgeting assistance, educational materials, and for helping you resolve debt and financial issues;
- To process and maintain your enrollment in our debt management program, which includes the exchange of financial information with your debtors;
- For audit and/or legal purposes.
- To help us identify programs or services that may be of benefit to the communities we serve;
- To improve on our services through client surveys;
- For the delivery of general statistics to our Board of Directors;
- To compile general statistics and financial reports;
- For the delivery of marketing and community awareness programs;
- For staff training.
Your Privacy Concerns
At CCSAC we welcome your feedback and suggestions. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our organization or its policies please contact the CCSAC Privacy Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
CCS of Atlantic Canada, Inc.
20 Alma Street
Saint John , NB
For more information regarding your privacy rights and the Canadian privacy legislation please contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada by e-mail at email@example.com; via the internet at www.priv.gc.ca; or in writing to:
The Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street
Ottawa , ON